s3: simplify smb signing code

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Mon Mar 9 16:40:23 GMT 2009

Hi Jeremy,

I've simplified the smb_signing code in source3
(I removed about 1000 lines and added 500 :-)

It the caller maintains the mid/seqnum mapping the basic
signing engine is much easier.

The design a similar to what source4 already has, but I think
the new code is also a bit easier as the current source4 signing code.

When we have unified the DEBUG code, we can let source4 also use the new
code...

Please review the patches in this branch
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master3-signing

I need to do some more testing, but smbclient works against windows and
samba.

metze