Using TDB for glib/gobject applications

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Jun 25 06:05:09 MDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 16:15 +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
> If you are talking about making every single use of the ldb API in
> Samba be async then you are just plain crazy.
>
> ldb was made async to give improved efficiency for a fairly
> unimportant case (a slow ldap backend to ldb). It has always been and
> will always be completely pointless when we use the tdb backend, as
> that is always sync.

Nothing prevents you from using sync calls even when tevent_req is used.
I just don't like much the implications of semi-async code, but it would
be no different than it is now.
A queue would basically just give you the guarantee that no other
operation happen unless it is part of the same transaction.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce