Ability to pull event logs from a Windows 2003 Active Directory server.

ashenoy ashenoy at cisco.com
Tue Jun 23 01:13:40 MDT 2009

Hi,
I am using Samba 3.0.32 and I was trying to figure out if there was any
way(like a Œnet¹ command) to pull Event logs from a Windows 2003 Active
Directory server and I wasn¹t able to find any. Then I found out that Samba
4 has introduced a Œnet eventlog¹ command to import native win32 eventlog
files.

Thus, I wanted to know if there is any other way/tool/idea to include such a
functionality in Samba 3.0.32 or the only solution is to upgrade to Samba 4?

Regards,
Abhijith.