[Release Planning 3.2] 3.2.13 scheduled for August 12, 2009

Fri Jun 19 14:07:56 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 03:53:17PM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Samba 3.4.0 will be out soon and according to the new Samba life cycle,
> this means the end of life for the 3.2 series. 3.2.13 will be the last
> release of the 3.2 series.
>
> 3.2.13 is scheduled for August 12, 2009.
>
> As there are some vendors still shipping 3.2, it might be a good idea to
> provide security releases (no bugfixes!) a bit longer than actually
> planned. What do you think?

I think a strict policy of "no fixes except security fixes"
from upstream is something we must do to not get completely
drowned in branch maintenance. 3.2 is probably quite
popular, but we have to make a cut.

So: I like that.

Volker