Samba WRITEX packet with 32k and only with response

MAAOUI.Wael wael_maaoui at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:16:09 GMT 2009

Hi
I tried to analyse the strange behaviour of samba 3 turning in a Gateway.
And I noticed that there is only a Write ResponseX with 32768 bytes as shown
in wireshark capture;
The writing rate  is very steady.
I tried  to tune my samba 3.025a and 2.2.12 with all parameters in which I
can put 32768, and i alawys obtain 61440 bytes in the packet
the parameters I tried to tune with are : SO_RCVBUf,SO_SNDBUf, read
size,block size, max xmit

this is an example of a response packet :
1358	59.681841	192.168.1.1  	192.168.1.2	  SMB	Write AndX Response, 32768
bytes

this the pcap file :
http://www.nabble.com/file/p23960083/FAT32_WRITEX.pcap FAT32_WRITEX.pcap

Anyone who has an idea about this configuration,please contact me
Any suggestion is welcome