'System' access to LDAPI without a bind in Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 10 22:01:06 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 07:54 -0400, simo wrote:

> > > ok. How will the gensec code get access to the file descriptor in the
> > > ldap server so it can ask the kernel who owns the other side of that
> > > fd? Is there a path to the fd somewhere inside the gensec structures?
> >
> > Doing this cleanly will certainly be a challenge.
> >
> > It's not there at the moment.  I'm honestly not sure how best to pass
> > this in, but at worst we add a mechanism like ldb_opaque.  It could be
> > useful for passing out some other things anyway...
>
> Please don't use ldb_opaque for something like this.

I'm not talking about LDB here, but the idea of using a similar
mechanism to communicate the additional information from
source4/ldap_server to GENSEC.  I've considered doing something similar
to allow GENSEC users to pass in hints about how to use the auth
subsystem for NTLM authentication (ntlm_auth might know that it needs to
go via winbind for example).

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.