tldap and LDB

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Tue Jun 9 23:08:42 GMT 2009

Hi Volker,

I'm also a bit confused about the goals here, but for slightly
different reasons. The core asn1 level of tldap seems to be a
duplicate of libcli/ldap/ and the higher level routines are a
duplicate of source4/libcli/ldap. Why duplicate this again?

The incompatible data structures that Andrew points out are likely to
be a source of unnecessary pain in the future.

I also puzzled about the broader aims. You seem to be now aiming for a
ADS DC using the ldap protocol to talk to the database? That will
cause a lot of pain I think - for example, how will you handle the
need for transactions in RPC operations?

Cheers, Tridge