Alpha8 this week

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 8 10:18:16 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 11:56 +0300, Sassy Natan wrote:
> Andrew Hi
>
> Three  Issues with the latest tree - (taking yesterday night)
>
> 1. I notice that the slapd 2.4.15 crashed while using ADUC. It is not
> a Samba issue but slapd issue since I can see the crash at my log
> files.
>
> I compiled it with debug, but have no clue how to use gdb.

You must use a current CVS version of OpenLDAP.  Beware also Fedora 11
(glibc malloc is under suspicion for murder of slapd processes).

> 2. Still When Creating Users in the domain – they aren’t being added
> automatically to the Domain Users Group. I don't know why - but as I
> told you before it was working in alpha6.

Can you make sure these are fully noted in Bugzilla?

> 3. and Still I can’t change a user password from the command line
> anymore. I’m getting the following:
> MyNewDev:/var/log#  net password set -UAdministrator%password user
> Enter new password for account [HOME\Administrator] :
> net_password_set: Connection to SAMR pipe of PDC of domain 'Home'
> failed:
> NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
> return code = -1

Is 'Home' the domain name here?  Is this running on the Samba4 DC, or
another computer?

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.