Alpha8 this week

Sassy Natan sassyn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:56:33 GMT 2009

Andrew Hi

Three  Issues with the latest tree - (taking yesterday night)

1. I notice that the slapd 2.4.15 crashed while using ADUC. It is not a
Samba issue but slapd issue since I can see the crash at my log files.

I compiled it with debug, but have no clue how to use gdb.

2. Still When Creating Users in the domain – they aren’t being added
automatically to the Domain Users Group. I don't know why - but as I told
you before it was working in alpha6.

3. and Still I can’t change a user password from the command line anymore.
I’m getting the following:
MyNewDev:/var/log#  net password set -UAdministrator%password user
Enter new password for account [HOME\Administrator] :
net_password_set: Connection to SAMR pipe of PDC of domain 'Home' failed:
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
return code = -1

Same goes with non administrator user

Thanks