TimeLine? For Samba4 and OpenChange?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jun 5 03:23:33 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 14:01 +0300, Ido Mandril wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just want to ask if there is any plan to see a new alpha version of
> samba4 in the near future?

Once we get 'make test' passing again (a few regressions have crept in),
I hope to kick another alpha release out the door.

> I have being used samba4-alpha7 for 3 mounts now and it is working
> great.
> I even deleted my old AD with was unstable due to some spwares.
>
> I really think that samba4 can be consider as beta for stand alone
> domain controller.

Great!

> Can I help somehow?

On the Samba4 side, you can help test the current tree, to see if there
are other bugs we need to fix before the alpha.

We also have a number of small (and not so small) development projects
listed at:

http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SoC/Ideas

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.