S4: Patches needed to compile current HEAD on OpenSolaris 09.05

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Jul 31 05:52:11 MDT 2009

Hi Torgeir,

> Thanks... Yeah compilers can be tricky.... The functions (unreachable
> statment) should be refactored into singel return statments. There are loads
> of them in the s4 code. Oh well, when one get time.

The code fails when using "ccache gcc"

metze at SERNOX:~/devel/samba/4.0/master4-smb2/source4$ LANG=C make
idl_full && make
Rebuilding all idl files
Compiling ../librpc/idl/atsvc.idl
gcc: ../librpc/idl/atsvc.idl: linker input file unused because linking
not done
Failed to parse ../librpc/idl/atsvc.idl at ./../pidl/pidl line 608.

I'll try to add some smarter checks for the -xc flags next week.

metze