Bugzilla doesn't allow changing product version

Deryck Hodge deryck at samba.org
Wed Jul 29 06:36:24 MDT 2009

Hi, Karolin.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Karolin Seeger<kseeger at samba.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 04:04:55PM +0900, SATOH Fumiyasu wrote:
>> Hi bugzilla.samba.org maintainer(s),
>>
>> I want to change the Samba version (3.0 -> 3.3) of the
>> Bugzilla Bug #5432, but Bugzilla rejects me and says:
>>
>>    You tried to change the Target Milestone field from none to ---,
>>    but only the assignee of the bug, or a sufficiently empowered user
>>    may change that field.
>>
>> There is milestone "---", no "none" in the select box "Target Milestone"
>> in the "Verify New Product Details..." page on Bugzilla.
>>
>> How can I do it?
>
> I just updated the product and the version number (3.3.0) for this bug.
>
> But I think it should be possible for the bug reporter to update ther version
> number... Deryck, is that intended behaviour?

I think the problem here is not in updating the version field but that
the web form is trying to see Target Milestone to '---' which is not
an acceptable value in the form validation.  For the bugs I looked at,
this is the default (and only) value for Target Milestone, and I know
I haven't had problems making changes to other fields.

I'll try to get some time late this week to look into it further.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge