Samba4. Provision script fails.

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at com.bat.ru
Sat Jul 25 17:49:37 MDT 2009

Hi, Andrew!

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 08:54:17AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Indeed.  Samba4 alpha8 and the current development code are incompatible
> with FreeBSD.  We expect to fix it shortly, but apologise for the
> inconvenience in the meantime.
>
> (We were caught out by freeBSD segfaulting on a strcasecmp(NULL, NULL)).

I've tested the fix and it works fine. But it only addresses the cause
of segfault - missing cn's in the list of attributes.

Still, it could be more safe to safeguard either sorting functions
against invalid arguments or, maybe, even wrap strcacecmp() in the
libreplace, so we get expected behaviour of the function. I think,
the same problem is applicable to strcmp() under FreeBSD also.

Just a thought.

With regards,
Timur.