Tevent hacking

Timur I. Bakeyev timur at com.bat.ru
Fri Jul 24 20:42:19 MDT 2009

Hi, Stefan!

With upcoming release of 3.4 and 4.0 I started to look deeper into Samba
4 source code. One of the things I'd like to add is support of kqueue()
event notification mechanism. In general, it's epoll() on steroids, as
you may know. I looked into the tevent library code, but, didn't get
much out of it yet :) So I wonder, do we have any additional
documentation and tests for tevent development. Or, maybe you have
private git repository with some development code?

Couple of questions I have so far. First - why our own library, when
there are plenty of others, that implement generic event loop :)?