Winbind - functionality

MICHAEL BROWN mbrown at mesainc.com
Wed Jul 22 08:45:23 MDT 2009

Thanks, Ondrej.
I will try this ASAP and let you guys know!

<4A672187.4070109 at s3group.cz>, Ondrej Valousek <webserv at s3group.cz> wrote:

>> OpenLDAP backend.  I may be wrong here but If we introduce winbind, the UID
> and GID numbers will be changed based off of winbind
>> using the SID and multiplying, etc., to get a new UID/GID value that is not
> even close to our existing production environment.  No groups
>> or users would be recognized on folders and files due to incorrect UID/GID
> numbers.  I am talking about a lot of production file servers here.
>>

> Wrong!
> Try:
>     winbind nss info = rfc2307
> That will force winbind to use rfc2307 attributes in AD instead -> will
> deliver the same UID/GIDs as your nss_ldap but much more effectively.
>
> Ondrej

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.