Unable to join a domain with windows 7 beta1

BearFather BearFather at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:03:23 MDT 2009

For those that are still having this issue, I have found a solution
1stbyte.com.  Im running windows 7 RC1 and joined my samba 3.32 domain.  The
article says you need 3.3.4 but I didnt and it works just fine.

These are the reg changes I did and it started to work.  But please read the
OG article.

http://www.1stbyte.com/2009/05/31/join-windows-7-to-samba-pdc/

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
“DomainCompatibilityMode”=dword:00000001
“DNSNameResolutionRequired”=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Netlogon\Parameters]
“RequireSignOnSeal”=dword:00000000