Test for schemaUpdateNow

Anatoliy Atanasov anatoliy.atanasov at postpath.com
Fri Jul 17 09:48:46 MDT 2009

Hi Metze,

I'll try to summarize here.

So we have a test that creates object class sends schema update now and then creates an object that inherits from the object class and if we do not provoke schema update or we do not have it implemented the test should fail and this is what happened against Samba4. On the other hand the AD behavior in this scenario was that it doesn't need schemaUpdateNow command to be able to create an object with this object class.
This AD behavior is what I tried to explain with this quote from TechNet, that in fact they do schema cache update behind the scenes.
To finish the implementation of schemaUpdateNow task I should implement the same behavior in Samba4 and add a torture not LDAP test to check if schema is updated properly. I hope it is clearer now what we should do to finish the task.
Apart from that there are system checks for schema additions and modifications that should be added too.

Regards,
Anatoliy