[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated- release-4-0-0alpha8-349-g5334b79

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Wed Jul 15 23:31:55 MDT 2009

Hey Steven,

>> No one at Isilon is working on SMB2 server side implementation currently, but we are front loading a lot of test work so there will be a reasonable set of correctness tests already available when new code is written.
>>
>> Right now we're working on porting most of the RAW SMB tests to SMB2, including open, streams, share modes, acls, brl, and change notify.  All of our testing has been against a W2K8 server, though I'll include a W2K8R2 server as well.
>>
>> Sorry, I made some last minute changes before pushing this patch and didn't re-run them.  I'll be more careful next time.  Though, several of the tests will fail against current HEAD because the features aren't implemented yet.  Is it acceptable for the "make test TESTS=smb2" to fail for a bit?
>
> Not without corresponding notations in the
> source{3,4}/selftest/knownfail files.

Yes, please make sure you use torture_comment() instead of printf()
and all torture_assert* functions instead of just returning false in a
test. Then make test reports them as failures instead of errors
and it's easy to mark them as known failures. This makes sure that the
server doesn't crash when the test runs against it.

metze