Testing patch to enable AES in Samba3 Kerberos

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jul 15 16:38:10 MDT 2009

I've been testing interop with Samba3 and AD using AES, as part of some
interop work I was doing with Samba4's Kerberos code.  I attach a patch
(not to be applied) to help demonstrate the problem.

In short, Samba3 must not blindly remove the fixed list of enc types
without performing extensive interop to ensure it works against all
servers.

I hope that before we get to that, we can start using GENSEC in the
whole tree, but I realise that may be a while off.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.