Is there a reason to have source4 in 3.4 releases?

Wed Jul 15 09:22:35 MDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:00:42AM -0500, John H Terpstra - Samba Team wrote:
> Too many corporate sites have moved away from Samba because they could
> not see a roadmap, failed to understand our direction, could no longer
> wait for AD server support, and had too many problems.  Each time a
> problem was has been raised I have been able to point them to the fix,
> but they had already abandoned Samba.  The problem is not technical - it
> is a communication challenge.

John, I would definitely see you as the co-founder of the
Samba Team in special duty here, in particular as you
haven't done any serious development for a little while. If
you do not want to help with coding, why don't you use your
communication skills and sketch content for a new website?

Thanks,

Volker