Samba4. Provision script fails.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 14 16:54:17 MDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 14:35 +0400, Василий Озеров wrote:
> Good day.
>
> Sorry for cross post, but I think, that I have missed with mailing list.
>
> I want to try a new version of samba. I have installed samba4:
>
> freebsd-samba# samba4 -V
> Version 4.0.0alpha8
> freebsd-samba# uname -a
> FreeBSD freebsd-samba.domain 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun
> Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008
> root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
> freebsd-samba#
>
> I used port system to install samba. Then i wan't to use provision
> script to configure samba as domain controller. And the provision
> script fails with segmentation fault:

Indeed.  Samba4 alpha8 and the current development code are incompatible
with FreeBSD.  We expect to fix it shortly, but apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

(We were caught out by freeBSD segfaulting on a strcasecmp(NULL, NULL)).

I hope to fix this in the next day or so.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.