Stop umount.cifs from building on non-linux merged builds

Tim Prouty tprouty at samba.org
Fri Jul 10 15:12:59 MDT 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> Hey Tim,
>
> Tim Prouty wrote:
>> I can't seem to figure out how to stop umount.cifs from building
>> during the "make test" portion of a merged build.  Not all systems
>> have the headers/libs required to build [u]mount.cifs. The source3
>> configure correctly determines that it can't be built and rightfully
>> skips building it, but something during the merged build is causing
>> it
>> to still get built (and fail).  You can see the problem happening on
>> this build machine:
>>
>> http://build.samba.org/?function=View+Build;host=isilon-samba;tree=samba_3_master;compiler=gcc;revision=1247051722
>>

>> I have spent some serious time staring at the source4 build scripts,
>> but I haven't really gotten any leads. Can either of you help point
>> me
>> in the right direction?
>>
> See source4/client/config.m4. This is where we determine whether or
> not
> to build umount.cifs at the moment.

config_log shows that HOST_OS='freebsd6.1', yet we're still trying to
build umount.cifs.  Do you know where host_os get populated in the
source4 build system, particularly during a merged build?

Here's the latest failure:
http://build.samba.org/?function=View+Build;host=isilon-samba;tree=samba_3_master;compiler=gcc;revision=1247252678

-Tim