How to use Samab 4 and 3 simutaneously in Samba 3.4 and Can Samab 4 work as BDC for one exist windows AD server?

Fri Jul 10 13:20:56 MDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:23:41PM -0600, Rocky Zhang wrote:
> I have some questions regarding the new released version samba 3.4 . I
> compiled with merge-build successfully and run "make install", it seems
> only the Samba 3 was installed, samba 4 not ( the "samab4" was still in
> the build directory, not copying over to system). I thought it should be
> copied to system as well. I could not fingure out a way to run Samba 3
> and Samba 4 and samba 3 simultaneously (when I run "samba4 -i -M
> single", it always gibe me errors). But I can run Samba 4 well if I only
> compiled the "source4" folder. I could not find documentation anywhere
> to make both of them work at one computer. Is there anyone can help me?

In 3.4, the merged build thing is not really there yet, all
the further work has gone into the master branch. And even
there, this is very much work in progress. I'll try to keep
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Franky reasonably up to date
where I'm going right at the moment.

Volker