[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha8-289-gc624a70

Fri Jul 10 09:17:26 MDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:26:44AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Did you consider instead changing them to call
> ldb_binary_encode_string()?

Well, being blunt, you know how I think about dependencies
on ldb.

Can't we put those functions that are of more general use
into a separate codebase? I've just come across the base64
routines that might benefit from the same. Looking at
heimdal for example, this has the base64 routines in roken.

To not create a dependency on talloc, what about putting
the base64 routines into libreplace? Both would
encode/decode into a preallocated buffer, for decode it
would be safe to use it in-place.

Volker