Winbind - functionality extension needed&In-Reply-To=4A54AF7C.7020604@s3group.cz

MICHAEL BROWN mbrown at mesainc.com
Wed Jul 8 17:36:04 GMT 2009

Hello,
will it be, or is it, possible to add the rfc2307 schema attributes extension to SAMBA 4's AD back-end so that a SAMBA 3 server can join a SAMBA 4 AD server and do these lookups from there?  Meaning, SAMBA 3 can be joined to Windows 2003 R2 so that the UIDs/GIDs are stored in AD for POSIX resolution with nss-ldap and would like to know if this is possible with SAMBA 4 instead of Windows 2003?  We do not use winbind and opted to use OpenLDAP for keeping all of the UIDs/GIDs the same over multiple SAMBA servers (version 2).  I have tested SAMBA 3 joined to Windows 2003 AD but, naturally, would like to use SAMBA 4's AD to keep this POSIX information, as well as nss-ldap so that the UID and GID information is the same everywhere.  OpenLDAP with MS schema and POSIX schema possibly?

Thanks!!

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.