the sorry saga of the talloc soname 'fix'

Wed Jul 8 08:40:48 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 09:15:52AM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> talloc_free is not safe to use, so we may as well get rid of it
> altogether and thus fully justify the .so version bump.

Wow. That's strong.

I'd rather not have to remember everywhere I use talloc
which the parent is. I'd much more prefer to go back to
talloc being the "hierarchical" memory allocator with a
strict tree. I don't see how without talloc_reference
talloc_free becomes ambiguous.

Volker