Test for schemaUpdateNow

Anatoliy Atanasov anatoliy.atanasov at postpath.com
Tue Jul 7 11:16:59 GMT 2009

Hi List,

This is the test for schemaUpdateNow command.
The test consists of three steps:
- create a schema class - test-classXXX(unique number) with unique OID
- call schemaUpdateNow
- create an object called objXXX with objectClass: test-classXXX
- delete the object

In order the test to be real it should fail without the "schemaUpdateNow" command right, so I comment it and run it against Samba and Windows 2003. It turned out that it failed against Samba but succeeded against Windows.
I reproduced the scenario using ADSIEDIT against Windows 2003 and in this case I had to call "schemaUpdateNow" to be able to create the object. So I get different behavior between ADSIEDIT and the test. I suspect Windows 2003 to update the schema automatically. I think the next step will be to write to Microsoft WSPP program to see if they can clear things out.

Regards,
Anatoliy