the sorry saga of the talloc soname 'fix'

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Mon Jul 6 13:10:11 GMT 2009

Hi Volker,

 > So if we skipped the "location" piece of the change, the
 > error messages would get a lot less useful, and the only
 > real change would be to create memory leaks in already
 > broken code. Right?

yep. I did think about doing that, but I really disliked the idea of
creating a bunch of very difficult to track down leaks.

I know this change is not pain free, but I think some pain is
unavoidable. The previous API was broken (which of course was my
fault, as I put the ambiguity in there in the first place).

Cheers, Tridge