[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha8-172-gacfb01a

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Jul 2 09:22:08 GMT 2009

tridge at samba.org schrieb:
> Hi Metze,
>
>  > I think we should also change TALLOC_MAGIC to make 100% sure we abort,
>  > when libtalloc.so.1 and libtalloc.so.2 are loaded into the same process.
>
> does the loader make it possible to load two libs that provide the
> same symbols at the same time, without using RTLD_NEXT ?
>
> If this is a real risk then I'll certainly add your patch, I'm just
> not sure it can happen.

Both can be loaded and if we have the luck that only one version of a
symbol gets loaded, it could happen that we take all symbols from
one library but the ones that are unique to the other library
are used from this one.

Both versions are not compatible and we should clearly mark them so.
I think even if it would not happen in practice, I'd like to change the
magic value. As debugging such problems is really, really ugly without
the abort directly when it happens.

This patch compiles...now
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=f679fc8fc4f93a8b9ab9d656177a989aedb9c093

metze