[QUICK] talloc bugs

Wed Jul 1 12:20:46 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 10:06:39PM +1000, tridge at samba.org wrote:
>  > I think this debugging is really great and will make talloc debugging
>  > much simpler.
>
> yep, it made finding the ambiguous uses of talloc_free and
> talloc_steal very easy, though I need to fix up the stderr hack.

Ok, lets take talloc_free as an example. Your change makes
talloc_free as a symbol disappear from the .so. For a
published library this is just not possible, sorry.

The longer term plan is to just completely deprecate
talloc_reference.

The alternative approach is to fork talloc as a separate
project and rename it and all symbols/macros etc inside
Samba.

Volker