Samba4 shared FS + MacOS issue

George K Colley gcolley at apple.com
Thu Jan 29 00:03:04 GMT 2009

So the SMB packet signing issue which was reported with Win2k and
Win2K8 system was correct in 10.5.3. That issue was cause by the
client using the wrong buffer size on writes.

Now in the trace packet 353 opens a file for read/writing, then pack
356 attempts to write 4096 and the server returns an error
NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL (0xc0000001)?

Now  packet signing is on, so it could be related just not sure. Would
like to retest with packet signing turned off, does anyone on the list
know how to turn signing off with Samba4?

Next can you get me a tcpdump starting before the mount so I can see
the CAP of the server?

Gerge