A request to contribute from an enthusiast

Ahmed Abdallah abd4lla at ahmedabdalla.net
Tue Jan 27 14:31:57 GMT 2009

Hello,
I'm a system engineer who's really interested in Samba and I would like to
start contributing and helping this awesome project.
About me, I'm a systems engineer and developer currently working with an
offshore outsourcing Belgium company located in Egypt. I work for a client
in Virtualization technology where we develop our product mainly on Linux
and Opensolaris so my work is generally a mix between systems and software.
Previously I've had a good experience in RedHat systems and I've used samba
to a good extent, for example I created the "unsupported"  active-active
samba cluster once.
My development background is mainly Java, Python, Perl and some c++ (which I
intend to enhance extensively)
I intend to to be an active member of this community, but at the beginning
I'll need ur guidance of course. Right now I'm reading the developer manual
and checking out the code. Looking forward to really give a hand .

Ahmed Abdalla