R: Using upn for winbind login

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Tue Jan 27 08:36:10 GMT 2009

First, sorry for replying directly to you. Now I hope I'm answering to the list. :-)
> > "wbinfo -n diego.zuccato at unibo.it" returns my SID. And it works for
> users in the other domain, too.
> The UPN login will only work with a native mode AD domain. Assuming
> you have verified this.
Well, if my checks are right, it is. I looked in /var/log/samba/log.wb-BUILTIN and found a line saying "set_dc_type_and_flags_connect: domain PERSONALE is in native mode."
Should I look at something else?

>  The following is a simple test for the UPN/SID
> translation:
>
>   $ wbinfo -n user at realm
With wbinfo I can resolve all forms: upn, user at PERSONALE, personale+user, and even only user (and all return the same SID, as expected).
But login doesn't accept upn, only all the other forms...

I bumped SAMBA loglevel to 10. Is there some logfile I should look at?

--
Diego Zuccato
Servizi Informatici

Dip. di Astronomia - Università di Bologna
Via Ranzani, 1 - 40126 Bologna - Italy
tel.: +39 051 20 95792
mail: diego.zuccato at unibo.it