patch to source4/lib/wmi/tools/wmic.c

Dmitry Karasik dmitry at karasik.eu.org
Fri Jan 23 16:04:11 GMT 2009

Hello,

I'm using wmic as a standalone program, and I need output of bin/wmic to be defined
with a more strict syntax, so that data that reported by the tool do not clash
with metadata characters (|,()) etc. Please find attached the patch that
changes the wmic output so that a) such characters are escaped b) null values
are reported as "(null)" string instead of "NULL", so a literal "NULL" that WMI
may eventually report won't be treated as a null value (if WMI reports "(null)"
then the output will be properly quoted as "\(null\)").

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry Karasik