configure message on Solaris 10

Erik Moyer ejmoyer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 20:16:34 GMT 2009

Greetings,

I am trying to compile and install Samba 3.2.7 on a T2000 running
Solaris 10.  I got the following message during the "configure" step:

./configure --prefix=/opt/samba-3.2.7/ --with-ldap --with-ads
<output truncated>
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: in the future, the compiler will
take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to samba-technical at samba.org ##
<output truncated>

Is there something else that I should provide?

Regards,

Erik