Possible bug in 3.2.7

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Fri Jan 16 20:36:42 GMT 2009

> That doesn't describe any language I'm familiar with (what
> is the "restrict" keyword ? :-). But if this is where things
> are going, it might be better to move it. Lots of existing code
> will break if this is strictly enforced.

Well, I thing i misunderstood the part of 'The C programming Language' by
Kernighan and Ritchie which says (chapter 4.8):

Declarations of variables (including initializations) may follow the left
brace that introduces any compound statement, not just the one that begins a
function. Variables declared in this way hide any identically named variables
in outer blocks, and remain in existence until the matching right brace.

> Yes. I didn't find any others. I'm presuming the given patch fixes the
> bug for you ?

Yes, it does! Thanks for that. :-)

-Remy