How does one control the order of transparent VFSes?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 18:15:33 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have read the developer's guide (
http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba3-Developers-Guide/vfs.html) but it is
still not clear to me how one controls the order of transparent VFSes in the
case that one wants to load several of them and order is important ...

Are they handled in the order in which they are specified in the smb.conf?

Presumably, however, if one has one transparent and one opaque VFS, the
transparent one is called and it can choose to call the next one in the
chain, or not.

The examples seem to show this, so it would seem that if any layer returns
without calling the next layer, that is all that happens. Perhaps I should
look at the code to confirm this.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe