[Samba 4] could not parse dn: CN=ms-Exch-Computer-Policy

Nadezhda Ivanova nadezhda.ivanova at postpath.com
Mon Jan 12 11:49:09 GMT 2009

Hi Andrew,
As we discussed, I made a test script in branch master-test in git://repo.or.cz/Samba/aatanasov.git. It consist of two python scripts in source4/lib/ldb/tests/python, and a few ldif files in source4/lib/ldb/tests/schema_config_ldifs. The script currently performs 3 different tests by applying a set of ldif files via ldap, so you need to have a running samba server. As I have used the setup/provision script as a model, schema-config-test.py needs to be invoked with arguments: domain name, user name, password and testname (optional). See beginning of schema-config-test.py, there is a comment describing what each test does and example usage.
If no test name is provided, all the ldifs are applied, which contain changes to configuration and addition of all the exchange classes and attributes. It was originally meant to test the database increase that caused a crash, but that is fixed now.
In addition, you can send only a schemaUpdateNow if the testname is update_now. I use this to test the performance issue.

The last one, testdn_failure, attempts to add ms-Exch-Computer-Policy, currently fails and returns an error.
LDAP error 34 LDAP_INVALID_DN_SYNTAX -  <could not parse dn: CN=ms-Exch-Computer-Policy,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=rumba,DC=postpath,DC=com as a DN>. The same is returned if I do the same with a different ldap client, but then the error message contains ldap_extended_dn:

These are the revisions containing all commits to the scripts.

 <http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=60abc9b70af19c8d58d81ac7922aaeb1de44039e> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=60abc9b70af19c8d58d81ac7922aaeb1de44039e
 <http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=dc1dd42f8c5509869630f504ac6430bd5ec0e90d> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=dc1dd42f8c5509869630f504ac6430bd5ec0e90d
 <http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=57aafabddfd2d706071bdc70167c4b5eebadca44> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=57aafabddfd2d706071bdc70167c4b5eebadca44
 <http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=ffccba20e0d5053d9f3bfae399eb7b51a9353af7> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/aatanasov.git?a=commit;h=ffccba20e0d5053d9f3bfae399eb7b51a9353af7

Regards,
Nadya

Nadezhda Ivanova

 Software Engineer IVSoftware Development

 nadezhda.ivanova at postpath.com	CISCO SYSTEMS BULGARIA EOOD

 18 Macedonia Blvd. Sofia 1606

 Bulgaria

Think before you print.