samba4 Kerberos server and linux computers

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Mon Jan 12 10:40:01 GMT 2009

Today i tried to change the password of my windows account from the
command line using kpasswd on the domain controller.
And it failed, in the log I had :

Kerberos: AS-REQ mat at smb4.tst from 192.168.0.254 for
kadmin/changepw at smb4.tst
[Mon Jan 12 12:50:57 2009 MSK, 2
auth/kerberos/krb5_init_context.c:74:smb_krb5_debug_wrapper()]
Kerberos: Server's key has expired at -- 2008-09-07T10:52:53

I extracted the lastSetPWD field and convert it into an human readable
form I see that the expiration date corresponds to the domain
controler's one.

What can be done ?

Btw I am running samba 4.0.0alpha6-GIT-37f4c70.

Matthieu.