Release Samba4 alpha6 without full schema?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at
Sun Jan 11 12:31:34 GMT 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 21:37 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I've been thinking about what we need to do, to try and release a Samba4
> alpha6 to the public, particularly before my talk at in a
> weeks time.
> One item that I've been trying to hold the release for is to import the
> WSPP schema.  
> We already have a copy of that schema in the sources, and it is more
> complete, but when I load it 'make test' takes much, much longer.  I'm
> not yet fully confident that the full schema won't break things (and I
> know it shows up flaws in the OpenLDAP backend). 
> We have also raised a number of bugs with Microsoft over their schema
> (and are not completely happy that this schema matches the Microsoft
> schema as actually used.
> As such, I'm wondering if we should not merge Sreepathi's patch until
> after the alpha release.  We would still have a great set of features to
> announce, including in particular a solution to the DB-growth bug. 
> Any thoughts?
I think it makes a lot of sense to wait with this for the next release.
Let's just get this one out already :-) Nothing stops us from taking
less time for alpha7 than we did for alpha6.


Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at> -
Jabber: jelmer at

More information about the samba-technical mailing list