Release Samba4 alpha6 without full schema?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 11 10:37:46 GMT 2009

I've been thinking about what we need to do, to try and release a Samba4
alpha6 to the public, particularly before my talk at linux.conf.au in a
weeks time.

One item that I've been trying to hold the release for is to import the
WSPP schema.

We already have a copy of that schema in the sources, and it is more
complete, but when I load it 'make test' takes much, much longer.  I'm
not yet fully confident that the full schema won't break things (and I
know it shows up flaws in the OpenLDAP backend).

We have also raised a number of bugs with Microsoft over their schema
(and are not completely happy that this schema matches the Microsoft
schema as actually used.

As such, I'm wondering if we should not merge Sreepathi's patch until
after the alpha release.  We would still have a great set of features to
announce, including in particular a solution to the DB-growth bug.

Any thoughts?

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.