Shared Directory parameter for some tdb files

Steven Danneman steven.danneman at isilon.com
Thu Jan 8 01:11:34 GMT 2009

> Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 3:10 PM
>
> The current directory configuration doesn't allow for this level of
> granularity in deciding where statefull tdb files live.  Currently all
> such files must live in the same directory LOCKDIR.
>
> The attached patch adds a new directory configuration, STATESHAREDDIR,
> which specifies a directory on shared storage for the first set of
> files.  By default this directory is left blank, but when configured
> either through --with-stateshareddir, or "state shared dir" smb.conf
> parameter certain persistent files are then stored in that shared
> directory.

It now occurs to me that the distinction which I'm really making is
between persistent TDB files and temporary TDB files.  And via the FHS
support, this distinction has already been made using the STATEDIR and
CACHEDIR parameters.

For now you can disregard the previous patch and RFC as I investigate if
the FHS implementation will fulfill my need.

Thanks,

Steven