olc-conversion

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 6 21:17:10 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 13:24 +0100, Oliver Liebel wrote:
> hi andrew,
>
> what do you think about the following idea
> to integrate the openldap online-configuration (olc) into the
> provision-backend script:
>
> --ol-olc=[yes/no]  # activating openldap-online-configuration [choice]

That sounds good.  While I would prefer not to have the option (less
options mean less things to get wrong and test), it would mean that we
can't test even the generation of the configuration on hosts without a
slaptest binary.

> --ol-olc-slaptest=[path/to/slaptest/binary] # using given slaptest
> binary for offline-conversion [path]

We should just make this --ol-slaptest=

We need to use it anyway to guess the right module configuration (this
is currently done in the test scripts (../selftest/target/Samba4.pm)

> if both directives are used, the generated slapd.conf will be converted
> after creation into the
> olc-format (using hardcoded directory ../private/ldap/slapd.d/)

Great.

> if both directives above, and the directive --olc-mmr-urls=...  are set,
> then an olc-mmr-seed.ldif will be generated additionally, to setup the
> other mmr-servers (using slapadd).

Thanks,

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.