Samba security setting question

John Sun jsun at NORTHSHORE.EDU
Mon Jan 5 17:41:10 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am working on a Samba server over Redhat Linux. It was successfully joined a Windows Active Directory Domain, and all users authentication were controlled well by a LDAP server.

However, my problems are:

(1) After a user connect to the Samba share, the user can open others' share without prompting username and password. By the way the security setting in samba.conf is "ADS"
(2) I can't stop local user accounts, apache, noboby to get on the Samba server.

Here is part of samba.conf file:

# Security mode. Most people will want user level security. See
# security_level.txt for details.
        security = ADS
# Use password server option only with security = server
;   password server = <NT-Server-Name>

PLEASE HELP!

Looking forward to your earliest reply.

John