smbtorture/NEGNOWAIT patch

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jan 4 22:49:09 GMT 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 12:47 +0200, Shlomi Yaakobovich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using samba 3.0.32. While running smbtorture (compiled from the
> 3.0.32 branch) with the NEGNOWAIT test, I noticed it fails, and found
> some old messages in the mailing list (from 2002) that it fails due to
> the client (smbtorture) closing the connection with
> torture_close_connection instead of cli_shutdown. Andrew approved at the
> time of this change, but it seems it was not committed (no-one sent a
> patch) . Any idea why ?  In any case I made the small change and now the
> test passes. The patch is attached.

The smbtorture utility in Samba 3.2 is not maintained - we use the
Samba4 version in 'master' as the primary testing tool.  I would
actually prefer to see it disabled from the tree, to avoid this kind of
confusion in future.

Also, this is a pretty pointless test - it is just the repeated
hammering of the server with a single packet.  To actually test with it,
you also have to see if the server is still responding to other
clients.

Otherwise, the patch looks fine.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.