Short disconnections ?

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Fri Feb 20 11:43:52 MST 2009

  It sounds a bit like a bug in VB's use of the redirector.  It should
issue a
read, time out or get "disconnected" back and then automatically retry,
just like the filesystem redirector normally does in Windows.

  I see windev is by a third party, not Microsoft, so you may want to
see if it happens with a real Windows SMB server
  If so, ask PC Soft if they have a fix for it.
  Of not, tell us, as Samba should behave the same as Windows.

--dave

Piing - Damien CHEVALIER wrote:
> Has anyone a idea ?
>

> Piing - Damien CHEVALIER a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have got a linux debian server with samba 3.0.24-6etch10.
>> Samba is configured as a windows PDC, and almost everything works
>> very well.
>>
>> Only one thing doesn't work very well : This is a software written in
>> Windev (french VisualBasic) which crashes regularly with the
>> following error : "network name is no longer available".
>>
>> It looks like a short disconnection.
>> I could see that one samba logging message (/var/log/samba) matched
>> to the time of disconnection :
>> [2009/02/13 12:02:33, 2] smbd/reply.c:reply_special(496)
>>  netbios connect: name1=DONALD         name2=PC01
>> [2009/02/13 12:02:33, 2] smbd/reply.c:reply_special(503)
>>  netbios connect: local=donald remote=pc01, name type = 0
>>
>> What's wrong ?

(416) 223-8968