[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated - release-4-0-0alpha6-925-gfe417b2

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Mon Feb 16 19:49:25 MST 2009

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:11:18PM +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>> I know, I thought they better verify if master works
>> and then do the backport if it works.
>
> Trouble is, we don't know what branch they're
> using (and getting that info out of them is
> not easy, believe me :-).
>
>> As this is completely
>> untested. If you want me to backport it anyway, just tell me.
>
> It's almost certainly close to what we'll need,
> so we should probably do the work now.
>
> Actually, I was looking at doing the back-port
> myself and it's kind of interesting how hard
> that is :-). The pidl in the master tree
> produces template code now that doesn't
> work with 3-3-test or 3-2-test (it creates
> calls to
>
> status = cli->dispatch(...)
>
> instead of :
>
> status = cli_do_rpc_ndr(...)
>
> and also if you try and do a "make idl" on
> the idl in samba-3-3-test it fails due to
> old "noejs" attributes on various calls,
> and if you remove them and make, you end
> up with vastly different generated code
> than what is stored in the 3-3-test gen_ndr
> directories at present.
>
> So how *have* you and gd been maintaining
> this stuff ? :-). I need to know in case
> both of you get run over by a German bus,
> or die of old age waiting for service in
> our favourite mexian restaurant over there
> :-) :-).

Yeah, that was annoying but should no longer be an issue now as
v3-3-test and v3-2-test both have a working copy of pidl on board.

Maybe we should add some build magic to always use those copies with
re-run make idl while --enable-developer.

Guenther

- --
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org