[RFC] To make libsmbclient work for DFS shares for samba3

Derrell Lipman derrell.lipman at unwireduniverse.com
Mon Feb 16 06:53:38 MST 2009

2009/2/16 boyang <boyang at suse.de>

> Hi, everyone:
>     Does it make sense to make libsmbclient work for DFS shares? At
> present, it works only if DFS target can be accessed anynmously. We
> should invoke smbc_set_credentials() or cli_set_cm_credentials() before
> the function cli_resolve_path() to set the correct credentials to make
> DFS share work with libsmbclient. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>     If it makes sense, I can take this. :-)

There was a bunch of work done about a year or two ago to make DFS work with
libsmbclient, and I recall adding smbc_set_credentials() fairly recently. I
don't have any kind of test setup for DFS, so I have to rely on reports from
the field in that area. This should be as automated as possible without
affecting non-DFS environments. If you have a test environment for DFS,
please test your changes and then send me a patch to libsmbclient.

Thanks,

Derrell