several wired errors with samba4

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Thu Feb 12 05:21:14 MST 2009

Dear all,

While trying to search a problem I had a look at my samba4 log today,
and I saw this errors:

* /usr/local/samba/private/smbd.tmp/messaging/names.tdb
* keytab /usr/local/samba/private/secrets.keytab open failed: Permission
denied
*
'/usr/local/samba/private/smbd.tmp/messaging/msg.0.0.146':NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

It seems to me that the samba process is started with root so unless it
tries to lower its rights I do not see a reason for this because all
files and folders (even parent folders) are owned by root with a least
rw rights.

Any idea of what could cause this problem ?
Regards.

Matthieu.