tidy up configure.in

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Wed Feb 11 13:38:30 MST 2009

Hi all,

I tidied up the timestamp related configure tests which shrinks them to 20
lines which is almost 300 lines less than before :-). I replaced the manual
compile tests with AC_CHECK_MEMBERS macros and just check for the mtime
subsecond timestamp member, which looks like a save assumption to me. The
birthtime check is now working more reliably as the previous manual compile
test had a bug.

Can someone have a look? I'd love to see this pushed :-)

Thanks
Björn